Sunday, October 17, 2010

How Christ sees us


Hello Everyone,

This week while listening to a song on the local Christian radio station I heard a song called This Man by Jeremy Camp, I had a thought. I have always thought that Christ went to the cross for someone he didn't know, even though he knew what was going to happen to him. In reality he did know us, just not the person that is before him now. In Jeremiah he lets the prophet know this by stating, "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee, and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations."

It is funny how the more we read God's word the more things come to us. I had not thought about Christ still seeing us as an innocent child until I was driving that day. But that is what he sees that is why it wasn't even a thought for him to give his life for us. Even though we have grown into adults and have committed sins he does not see us that way. Much the same way a mother does not see her adult child as an adult that has done bad things. If you were to ask a mother of a person convicted of a crime you will get the same answer. "I know he has done wrong but he is still my son and I love him." This is exactly the way Christ sees us, he knows we have wronged him but he still loves us enough to forgive us if we ask.

As you go through the week think of ways that God speaks to you. Remember it is not always a thundering voice coming down from above, he may speak to you through your child, through his Word as you read scripture, or through a song on the radio. Slow down open your heart and listen to what he has to say. And if you haven't asked him to forgive you of your sins, ask him to forgive you and to come into your heart.

Have a blessed week!

Isaiah 49:15
15"Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.

Matthew 10:19
19But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak, for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.
20For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaketh in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment