Sunday, February 27, 2011

Seek First The Kingdom Of God!

Hello Everyone,

Over the last week I have added extra travel time to my driving schedule, kids activities, and busyness both at home and work. During that time, for the first time since I started writing this email, I missed getting a devotional written for the week. I was down on myself for letting this happen but through it found the message God was guiding me towards.

Matthew 6:32-34
31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.


In society we are all so busy we chase after everything under the sun and only give God our extra time!

Do you think we could get by with that at our jobs or with our families? Then what makes us think that God only deserves the leftovers?

I have had a chance to truly think about it this week as I was feeling guilty about not getting out my writing. That is when this passage was brought to light. Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness. Think about that. He didn't say do everything you need to then when you are done seek Me. He said SEEK FIRST!!!

We serve an awesome God who deserves to come first in our lives. Wouldn't you agree?

This week I am making a pledge with God to give him my first fruits, the first moments of the morning. I will get up early while everyone is still in bed and the house is quiet and just listen to what he has to say.

Try it and let me know how your week turns out.


Have a blessed week!

Billy

No comments:

Post a Comment