Sunday, September 18, 2011

In this world but not of this world

Hello Everyone,

I know many people think when they accept Christ that all of their problems go away, nothing can be further from the truth. It actually gets harder because we live in a fallen world where lies and deceit are more common than truth and integrity. In the book of John Jesus tells us we are not of this world but merely living in it and also warns us that we will be persecuted, but he also tells us not to worry or have fear as he will send the Helper or the Spirit of Truth that proceeds from the Father to comfort and care for us.

John 15:18-21
 “If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also.

That does not mean we can't live a full abundant life while we are in this world, Jesus said "I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." We must turn from the ways of the world and turn to Christ.

How many of you watch football and wonder why there is instant replay? Ever notice how the players rush to the line when they know they didn't make the play. People do the same thing at retail stores when they return things they know they have used. We have instant replay and return policies at our stores because the way of the world is lies and deceit. These are the things our children are getting taught everyday. We must meditate on His Word and put our trust in God and tell Satan the King of lies that he has no place in our lives.

When you think about it we could eliminate many of the worlds problems by following the simple truths written in the book of John. I have included a few passages from this book but would encourage everyone to read through and meditate on Jesus' teachings.

Have a blessed week and share the Gospel of Christ with someone,

John 15:9-13
 “As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.
 “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.

John 3:16-17
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment