Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The power of The Word!


 Matthew 21:17-23
18 Now in the morning, as He returned to the city, He was hungry. 19 And seeing a fig tree by the road, He came to it and found nothing on it but leaves, and said to it, “Let no fruit grow on you ever again.” Immediately the fig tree withered away.20 And when the disciples saw it, they marveled, saying, “How did the fig tree wither away so soon?”
21 So Jesus answered and said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ it will be done. 22 And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.”

While reading this passage this past week the power of the Word became more evident to me. Jesus points out to us that we have the power to move mountains in our words. I am not sure how many of you have mountains you would like to have listen to you but I know myself I have many mountains I have yet to conquer.

When I say mountains I am talking about anything in your life that is of the world. Debt, health issues, anything that you feel is controlling you and the decisions you make in your life. When you accepted Christ as your Savior and asked Him into your life you were given the same power as Christ.

John 14:12-14
12 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. 13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.

The power of God's word in our lives is so powerful but too often overlooked. Many people pray day and night and wonder why they are not seeing change in their lives. I know in my life it is not the power of God's Word, it is all the distractions that create unbelief, that block God from working in my life. This past week in worship we played a song called "Be the Centre". After playing the song I thought of the story of Peter walking on the water. he was able to walk on the water, but once he focused on the things of the world, the waves, the wind and the storm producing them he began to sink. The same thing happens with us, when we focus on the problems instead of the solution, Christ, we being to sink.

This week when problems come your way, repeat the following scripture and put your focus on the solution and not the problem.

Ephesians 3:20
20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,

No comments:

Post a Comment