Monday, August 23, 2010

Hello Everyone,

This week I am going to pose a few questions I have had for God.

Have any of you ever wanted to ask God why?

Not why do bad things happen to us?
Not why do you permit evil?
Not why did our loved ones have to die?
But why did you send Christ down to die for our sins?

Why would you send your son, why would you become one of us and suffer for a sinful man that shows his appreciation by crucifying you?

I am so thankful that you did, but have a difficult time understanding why.

I have chosen a few passages that have helped me with some of these questions. God has not completely answered them but I will continue to listen for when he does.

Have a blessed week!

Billy

2 Corinthians 5:15-18 NIV

15And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.

16So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. 17Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 18All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation:

Psalm 145:18 NIV
18 The LORD is near to all who call on him,
to all who call on him in truth.

John 15:18-26

18"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. 20Remember the words I spoke to you: 'No servant is greater than his master. If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. 21They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the One who sent me. 22If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin. Now, however, they have no excuse for their sin. 23He who hates me hates my Father as well. 24If I had not done among them what no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. But now they have seen these miracles, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. 25But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: 'They hated me without reason.

26"When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me. 27And you also must testify, for you have been with me from the beginning.

Romans 8:31-35
31What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?

No comments:

Post a Comment