Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Pledge of Thanksgiving and Praise


Hello Everyone,

The past week has been a very eventful one. One that has made me reflect on things and take note of what is important and what is not. I have been blessed with many things in my life and like everyone else has not showed God the appreciation I should have at times. I have taken many things for granted, from God, my wife, family and friends, and have seen that life is far too precious and short not to enjoy everyone. I have pledged myself this week to make sure I show God, My wife and my family and friends how much they mean to me.

The challenge I would have for everyone this week is to start everyday thanking God for ALL that he does for you. Make sure everyone in your life knows how much you appreciate them by showing them. Something as simple as telling your son I love you or cleaning up the dinner dishes for your wife. Little things sometimes carry more weight than we realize.

1 Chronicles 23:30
And to stand every morning to thank and praise the LORD, and likewise at evening,
1 Chronicles 29:13
Now therefore, our God, we thank thee, and praise thy glorious name.

Daniel 2:23
I thank thee, and praise thee, O thou God of my fathers, who hast given me wisdom and might, and hast made known unto me now what we desired of thee: for thou hast now made known unto us the king's matter.

Psalms 18:49
Therefore will I give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and sing praises unto thy name.

Throughout the day think of your interactions with your family, coworkers, and the public and glorify his name in all you do.

Have a blessed week!

Billy

1 comment:

  1. So true! I think we all take the "everyday" things for granted. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete