Tuesday, January 18, 2011

One question!

Hello Everyone,

This week I am going to pose a question for everyone to think about.

If you knew beyond any doubt that Christ is the Son of God sent to give you everlasting abundant life, how would you live you life?

I had this question come to me and nothing else would come to me to write along with it. This is a very busy week with work, church and my family life so the stress was starting to show itself. When I feel the stress coming like that I always ask God to speak to me and take away the stressful situations. I know he does because he told us he does in the book of John.



John:14 13-17

13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask anything in My name, I will do it. 15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.



So on the way into work I stopped at the local Walmart to get some things that I needed. I know early mornings in Walmart you run into some fun characters as there is nothing else open. As I was looking for something in the aisle an older gentleman that reminded me of my Uncle Kenneth, you would have to know him to know how he interacted with people always having fun but very unpredictable, so I was ready for anything. The gentleman immediately said " I know you" I said "you do from where". He said " I know where you are from, your mother". As you would guess I was caught off guard and tried to laugh with him, when he said" I just like to see people smile as it is better to have a good attitude than a bad one and to treat people right."



The next part didn't even seem like me talking as I am a devout Christian but don't always discuss God in the world like I should. I said" You're right God meant for us to love one another not treat each other bad." That is when the door was opened and he began to tell me what was bothering him. It turns out his wife is ill and his stepson doesn't believe in Christ and that is bothering his wife. When we started to part he asked me to pray for his wife I asked her name so I could later as that is what I normally do. He told me her name Pearly Cooper but that is when I did something I can say I hadn't done before. I aksed if he would like to pray for her together right where we were. We prayed for her and I walked away from him with a completely different feeling. I still had all the things that I had to do but they weren't weighing on me as they were before.



So as you can see a question was put for me to ask and I had no idea why or what I was going to write to go with the question. After yesterday morning I know he speaks to us in many ways and has a way he wants us to live. All I can say is I am ready to listen!



Have a blessed week,

Billy

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Billy,
    You have no idea what this post did for me this morning. I too have been feeling a lot of stress lately. It's a great reminder to just be still and listen.

    ReplyDelete