Saturday, January 1, 2011

A year devoted to serving God

Hello Everyone,


I hope you all had a blessed 2010. My family and I have truly been blessed this past year and wish everyone a blessed year ahead.


I have been a believer since I was a child but this past year I actually became a follower of Christ. Let me explain, I have always believed in God and the Bible and that if you were a good person you would go to heaven. I had been saved in 91 after my Mom passed away but didn't truly understand what being saved meant , but this past year I actually started putting what Christ teaches to work in my life and made him my Lord and Saviour.
I can't say that I am a perfect follower but now I know that I do not have to be perfect and that I am saved by my Faith and His Grace. I continue to seek God and to find ways to serve him and ask him into my life.
We all can serve in whatever it is we do in our lives at work with the people we meet, with our families in how we teach our kids, and with our friends.


In 2011 I feel as a group of believers and as a country we need to get our focus on the importance of serving God. We need to show our praise and worship in everything we do. If we want to have God bless us as a nation we need to not be ashamed to declare Christ as our Lord and Saviour. In Deuteronomy 28: 1-6 God tells us how he will bless us if we follow his commands.


1"And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God to observe and to do all His commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth;

2and all these blessings shall come on thee and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God:

3"Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field.

4Blessed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy herds, the increase of thy cattle, and the flocks of thy sheep.

5Blessed shall be thy basket and thy stores.

6Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and blessed shalt thou be when thou goest out.


Later in that same book he tells us what will happen if we fall away from God.

Deuteronomy 28:45-50

45Moreover all these curses shall come upon thee, and shall pursue thee and overtake thee till thou be destroyed, because thou hearkened not unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep His commandments and His statutes which He commanded thee.

46And they shall be upon thee for a sign and for a wonder, and upon thy seed for ever.

47"Because thou served not the LORD thy God with joyfulness and with gladness of heart for the abundance of all things,

48therefore shalt thou serve thine enemies whom the LORD shall send against thee, in hunger and in thirst and in nakedness and in want of all things; and He shall put a yoke of iron upon thy neck until He have destroyed thee.

49The LORD shall bring a nation against thee from far, from the end of the earth, as swift as the eagle flieth, a nation whose tongue thou shalt not understand,

50a nation of fierce countenance, which shall not regard the person of the old nor show favor to the young.


I think no one can argue that as a country we have fallen away from God. In order for us to ask blessings from God we must remember him in our lives. I would urge everyone to devote their hearts to truly putting God first in your life. I know that if we do we will become the people and country our forefathers and Creator intended us to be.


Have a blessed week!

Billy

No comments:

Post a Comment