Sunday, August 25, 2013

How do you represent?

With the top news stories involving sports figures, politicians, and even ordinary people, not being good role models, it made me think, are we good representatives for Christ?

John 15: 1-17
“I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
“I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.
“As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. 10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.
11 “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. 12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. 14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. 15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. 17 These things I command you, that you love one another.

I have referenced the above scripture, This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you, to me this is the only commandment, after Christ paid the price for our sins. 

I know most of you who work for a company, or represent an organization, have either signed, or been directed to a code of conduct. If you are a confessed, born again Christian, you have made the same promise to God. The difference is there are no physical demands for you to uphold your end with God, only spiritual. If you don't show love and kindness, will God condemn you? If you stumble and fall, will you be lost for eternity? Personally I believe we are led by the Spirit that lives within us to do God's will, but I don't believe we are condemned, as we have been forgiven of our past and future sins, but why wouldn't you want to follow such a simple yet awesome command.

We all interact with people everyday, in our jobs, at restaurants, and through mundane everyday activities. Do people look forward to seeing you? Even when you need to be tough, do you show the compassion of Christ and truly care how your actions affect people's lives?

This week as you interact with people ask yourself, "How am I representing"? If I were Christ would I want me on my team, wearing the team colors?

Remember, I am no theologian, I just read the bible with the direction of the Holy Spirit to guide and speak to me.  I urge everyone to take the time to read for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment