Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Strength through the Holy Spirit?

In the following passage, Jesus warns us that the world will hate us because of who we are in Christ. You see in our world, it is easier for people to hate that which they don't understand, which is sad because they may never hear God's call on their heart through the din of the world's noise, and if they do may still reject it because of the lies of the world.

Even though He tells us we will be hated, He gives us assurance of the hope, and strength, we will have through, The Holy Spirit.

When it feels like the world, and its pressures, are too much to take, think back to the garden of Gethsemane, and the burden of what Jesus was wrestling with, and realize that the Advocate, our comforter, The Holy Spirit, is there to bring to remembrance, all things that Jesus did for us.

John 15:18-26
18 “If the world hates you, remember that it hated me first. 19 The world would love you as one of its own if you belonged to it, but you are no longer part of the world. I chose you to come out of the world, so it hates you. 20 Do you remember what I told you? ‘A slave is not greater than the master.’ Since they persecuted me, naturally they will persecute you. And if they had listened to me, they would listen to you. 21 They will do all this to you because of me, for they have rejected the one who sent me. 22 They would not be guilty if I had not come and spoken to them. But now they have no excuse for their sin. 23 Anyone who hates me also hates my Father. 24 If I hadn’t done such miraculous signs among them that no one else could do, they would not be guilty. But as it is, they have seen everything I did, yet they still hate me and my Father. 25 This fulfills what is written in their Scriptures: ‘They hated me without cause.’

26 “But I will send you the Advocate—the Spirit of truth. He will come to you from the Father and will testify all about me. 27 And you must also testify about me because you have been with me from the beginning of my ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment