Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Those that hear His voice,

It seems that lately I have been led on this journey of seeking. And one thing keeps coming to light, that although we are to spread the gospel, and let people know of the gift of grace, it is ultimately God's plan in the new covenant that everyone will know Him, in their heart.

It has led me to a ministry of seeking those that seek Him, not standing on the street corner shouting out His name, but teaching those that hear His voice, and truly seek Him.

Jesus said in John 14, “I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me, 15 just as my Father knows me and I know the Father. So I sacrifice my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep, too, that are not in this sheepfold. I must bring them also. They will listen to my voice, and there will be one flock with one shepherd."

I don't believe this means we should just discount, or stop spreading the gospel throughout the world, we should just not force it on those not ready to hear.

After all "His voice" maybe coming from someone typing out a message on Facebook at seven o'clock on a Tuesday morning.

Hebrews 8: 7-13 NLT
7 If the first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no need for a second covenant to replace it. 8 But when God found fault with the people, he said:

“The day is coming, says the Lord,
when I will make a new covenant
with the people of Israel and Judah.
9 This covenant will not be like the one
I made with their ancestors
when I took them by the hand
and led them out of the land of Egypt.
They did not remain faithful to my covenant,
so I turned my back on them, says the Lord.
10 But this is the new covenant I will make
with the people of Israel on that day, says the Lord:
I will put my laws in their minds,
and I will write them on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
11 And they will not need to teach their neighbors,
nor will they need to teach their relatives,
saying, ‘You should know the Lord.’
For everyone, from the least to the greatest,
will know me already.
12 And I will forgive their wickedness,
and I will never again remember their sins.”
13 When God speaks of a “new” covenant, it means he has made the first one obsolete. It is now out of date and will soon disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment