Thursday, May 1, 2014

His payment is sufficient!

I know it seems like we have been stuck on one subject these last few days, but it is an important subject.

While we continue to read through Hebrews we are reminded how the old covenant was a shadow of things to come, and that no matter how many sacrifices were made, our sins were still there to relive each time the sacrifices were made.

Hebrews 10:1-10
1The old system under the law of Moses was only a shadow, a dim preview of the good things to come, not the good things themselves. The sacrifices under that system were repeated again and again, year after year, but they were never able to provide perfect cleansing for those who came to worship. 2 If they could have provided perfect cleansing, the sacrifices would have stopped, for the worshipers would have been purified once for all time, and their feelings of guilt would have disappeared.
3 But instead, those sacrifices actually reminded them of their sins year after year. 4 For it is not possible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins. 5 That is why, when Christ came into the world, he said to God,
“You did not want animal sacrifices or sin offerings.
    But you have given me a body to offer.
6 You were not pleased with burnt offerings
    or other offerings for sin.
7 Then I said, ‘Look, I have come to do your will, O God—
    as is written about me in the Scriptures.’”
8 First, Christ said, “You did not want animal sacrifices or sin offerings or burnt offerings or other offerings for sin, nor were you pleased with them” (though they are required by the law of Moses). 9 Then he said, “Look, I have come to do your will.” He cancels the first covenant in order to put the second into effect. 10 For God’s will was for us to be made holy by the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ, once for all time.

Some religions and denominations, still live under this practice, and try, through their own actions, to do works for their sins.

In my opinion, and the way I read what is in Hebrews 10, this is nothing more than a door way for the devil to use the things we have done against us, by reminding us of what we have done wrong.

In the following passage the Word is showing us that the sacrifice Jesus made for us is sufficient, and God is not waiting with his hand out for more payment for our sins, nothing you or I do can chance that.

Hebrews:10:15-18
15 And the Holy Spirit also testifies that this is so. For he says,
16 “This is the new covenant I will make
    with my people on that day, says the Lord:
I will put my laws in their hearts,
    and I will write them on their minds.”
17 Then he says,
“I will never again remember
    their sins and lawless deeds.”
18 And when sins have been forgiven, there is no need to offer any more sacrifices.

I see it this way if God has forgotten our sins and will remember them no more, than why do we?

No comments:

Post a Comment